Extremely rare French funky prog early 70's LP on the little, but famous French "Egg" label. A mix of dark feel, psych progressive action, jazz, funk music with acidy guitar,swirling organ, vibraphone ...Vocals are in English. There is only one Cruciferius LP. Real collectors piece. The LP is produced by Franz Auffray "Original Popcorn" .
Members where Francois Breant who was born in Rouen, France, and his musical inclinations were strongly encouraged by his father, himself a pianist and painter. He learned to play the piano and the organ at a young age. In his lycee (high school) years he took a shine to the music of Ornette Coleman and John Coltrane, and played in a number of local jazz units. After studies at Rouen's Ecole des Beaux-Arts he joined Cruciferius Lobonz, formed along with Christian Vander and Bernard Paganotti.
Bernard Paganotti will subsequently become a member of Magma. Marc Perru latter worked on together with Francois Breant's solo album and with the French band called Ergo Sum.
1. Big Bird (E. Floyd, S. Crooper) - 7:18
2. What Did You Do (M. Perru, B. Paganotti) - 5:18
3. Let’s Try (M. Perru) - 3:34
4. A Nice Way Of Life (M. Perru, F. Bréant) - 2:39
5. Gimme Some Lovin’ (S. Winwood) - 3:32
6. It’s Got To Be A Rule (M. Perru) - 4:21
7. Jungle Child (M. Perru, F. Bréant) - 4:47
8. Annabel Lee (E. A. Poe, B. Paganotti) - 5:33
*François Bréant - Keyboards, Vibes, Vocals
*Bernard Paganotti - Bass, Vocals
*Marc Perru - Guitar, Vocals
*Patrick Jean - Drums
the Free Text