The story of Crystalaugur is a strange one: the obscure Native American band Crystalaugur recorded this album in Singapore between 1972 and 1973, orginally pressing a mere 200 copies for a private label (Warped Rec) and the ridiculously small pressing made the original album an unbelievable rarity. The fuzz guitar and space rock vocals definitely put this LP in the psychedelic realm with an interesing primitive backdrop.
This is reissue of the 1974 release by BMI SINGAPORE of a one-off album done as highschool project by 4 Americans in Singapore, that only has been sold to classmates, family and friends. A weird mix of Kaleidoscope / Velvet. Underground and eastern vibes with fuzz-guitar all over! Sorta prog-folk-garagy vibe, hypnotising and repetitive. A great psych rock fuzz album .
1. Terranaut (Kim Bengs) - 5:18
2. I'll Remember (Kim Bengs, Howard Kukla) - 4:07
3. Cosmic Journey (Howard Kukla) - 4:21
4. You've Got to Rap (Howard Kukla) - 3:11
5. Uppachit Creek (Kim Bengs) - 2:22
6. Easy Term Pleasure (Howard Kukla, Kim Bengs) - 4:41
7. Pam's Song (Howard Kukla) - 4:42
8. Number 4 (Kim Bengs) - 5:00
9. Goodbye (Kim Bengs, Watson) - 1:25
*Kim Bengs - Lead Guitar, Slide Guitar, Piano, Vocals
*Howard Kukla - Rhythm Guitar
*Bryan Hall - Drums
*Guy Rittger - Bass Guitar
the Free Text